About Chalene Johnson
- "Wait 2 minutes. Cravings will disappear after 2 minutes if you walk away and turn your attention elsewhere.
- W.I.W.M. When you really crave something unhealthy, answer this question: "What Do I Want More," that piece of chocolate cake, or a body I feel proud of? And on rare occasions, it's okay to pick the chocolate cake!
- No one's perfect. Don't allow one bad choice to result in bingeing the rest of the day, or falling back into old habits.
- Focus. Make eating purposeful, not something mindless to do while watching TV, driving, or sitting in front of the computer. Whenever you put food in your mouth, try to engage all of the senses in the pleasure of nourishing your body.
- Don't skip breakfast. Start eating a filling breakfast, one that's lower in fat. It will help you eat fewer total calories throughout the day.
- Veggies. Most of your plate should have veggies and/or fruit on it at both lunch and dinner.