The Master's Hammer and Chisel™ Workout Program is rated
Rated 5 out of
Great Results from someone that was not in shape
I started to eat healthy but weight dropped little by little but size to me looked the same. Then my wife and I started to do the Hammer and Chisel. I love this exercise. It is not long and when you are done you feel good. I am just about 2 weeks into in and I have already noticed when I put on my belt, I was using the last hole and that was pushing it. Now I am three holes in. I look in the mirror and I am not digusted bu what I see anymore. I also started to go to the gym at night to walk and sometimes very slow run on a treadmill. Pounds are coming off slowly but size is going down. I feel so good about my self and I am not so self concise as much. I still need a long way to go but I just did the Chisel Agility and the 15 minute Gut Chisel.
When I started I used less weight as to not hurt my self or back and would increase when I feel strong. I feel so much stronger now. This is the first time EVER I have looked forward to working out.
Thank you for this amazing Exercise. I will post before and after photos. You will see the difference. Just do what you can.
I use the chin up bands because I could not do one. which really help and when I cannot do that anymore I immediately switch over to the bands.
ALSO I really just wanted a quick fix like going in to get a oil change and come right out and be done with it. You will see the results. Stick with the workout but eat correctly. I tend to now eat Paleo which I love I wish for slice of Pizza every now and then which I will reward when I meet certain goals.
I do not have a beach body coach not because I do not want to but because I am so busy with 3 kids and work and kids sports.
I am a 47 almost 48 year old male that smoked would sit all day in the office and at home. I would eat Mc Donalds or any other fast food place because it was easier. Easier does not get you to where you want to be it only leads to short term satisfaction. I have been depressed because my wife is very athletic and eats healthy and I felt like I look like the lazier Manatee.
You can do this because if you want to but you have to want to do it.
I am writing this really because when I walked into my bathroom and looked in the mirror I finally saw something I really liked.
I will upload the pictures when I am done with this program because I am already looking forward to doing round 2 of it.
THANK YOU AUTUMN and SAGI.
BEST PROGRAM EVER.
Date published: 2017-12-30
Rated 5 out of
Best workout!! Love it..
I saw results on 1st week. Very satisfied...Keep up the good work Hammer and chisel!
Date published: 2017-08-11
Rated 5 out of
REAL REVIEW! Not a Coach
First let me start of by saying that I am NOT a Beach Body coach. I have done tons of Beachbody's programs though because I enjoy working out at home and my living room is basically a gym more than a living room. I have done many rounds of P90X, P90X2, P90X3, INSANITY, Asylum 1 and 2, INSANITY MAX 30, Les Mills Combat, Les Mills Pump, Body Beast, etc.. I have also worked out in the gym and I know what I am doing. I am just finishing up my third full round of The Master's Hammer and Chisel.
There are a few things to keep in mind with this program that make it different than others.
1. It is basically full body every day
2. Although it is full body every day there is a big focus on the legs. You won't just be doing a leg workout once a week here.
3. The off days fall on Thursdays if you start on a Monday. I just start on a Thursday so that the off days fall on Sundays like most other programs.
4. The program requires some equipment. Preferably dumbbells, a bench, a pull up bar, a medicine ball, a resistance band and a mat.
5. The workouts vary in length quite a bit. The shortest is 21 minutes and the longest is 43 minutes.
6. The cardio mostly comes from the lifting. You are doing weighted exercises for longer periods of time with little time in between them. This does just as good of a job of getting your heart rate up as doing straight cardio and has many more benefits for your body than just the calorie burn during the workout.
Now for 5 pros;
1. You get 2 different trainers with different styles
2. There are a lot of different workouts and they are not repeated in the same sequence at all through the 8 weeks. You also get 2 different ab workouts so you aren't repeating the same one over and over.
3. You get your heart rate up and burn calories by doing weighted exercises without a lot of down time, not by jumping around like a maniac destroying your knees. (There is some jumping but nothing like an INSANITY program)
4. The warm-ups and cool-downs are quick and to the point. No P90X2 nonsense here.
5. There are some balancing moves worked in, but not to the extent where it destroys the intensity of the workout like is done in P90X2.
1. A couple of the workouts are too short. Hammer Plyometics and ISO Speed Hammer.
2. I love Segi and he was fine in Body Beast, but he is very awkward in some of these workouts, especially when he makes comments to the females that they do not seem to expect or appreciate. Autumn can also be annoying as she is always so focused on superficial looks and seems to say "it burns" during every exercise. Segi and Autumn are also kind of awkward during the workouts that they are in together.
I usually just tone out the trainers once I know what I am doing though, so no big deal.
3. There is a major lack of arm exercises in this program. Only a couple of workouts have any at all and when they are there, it is just a couple at the end. I add in either some of my own arm exercises or Body Beast Bulk Arms once a week to make up for this. Shoulder exercises would be an issue as well if not for the Hammer Power workout which has a big focus on shoulders. Maybe this issue could have been fixed if 15 Minute Leg Hammer was 15 Minute Upper Body Hammer instead? This program really doesn't need leg add-ons.
4. You have to buy the optional/substitute workouts separately. 10 Minute Leg Hammer and 10 Minute Glute Chisel are good add-ons to get your workouts closer to the hour mark, but they are not included. Hammer Build Up and Power Chisel are also nice to do once in a while as substitutes for other workouts. I always use The Master's Cardio (which I got for free) as an add-on to Hammer Plyometrics since it is too short.
5. The workouts are fast paced with little time between exercises. This is a good thing, but if you use adjustable dumbbells like I do, there often isn't enough time to get ready for the next exercise. Not a huge deal. That's why we have the pause and skip back buttons.
Overall, I love this program. I wouldn't have done it 3 times now if I didn't. It is quite different from everything else that is out there and I do not feel like it is full of gimmicks like P90X2 or arbitrary time constraints like P90X3, INSANITY MAX 30, 22 Minute Hard Corps., etc.. Beach Body needs to stop releasing the gimmick programs that they have recently and get back to the good stuff. The Master's Hammer and Chisel is the last good program they have released if you ask me.
Date published: 2017-07-10
Rated 5 out of
Give it a chance
I got this as a gift and just finished going through a 60 day segment for the first time. I see some reviews by those who did not like it but found the workouts ( I did them exactly as stated in the manual) to be varied and engaging. I have P90X3 and love how I feel when I get done with each cycle. This program was obtained to add more to the mix, especially the emphasis on strength. Sagi and Autumn are not Tony, how could they be, but they provide an intense workout that had me sweating. Each of them have their own style and approach to training and Sagi was right, I did dream about the workouts. I have made strength gains and look forwards to going through it again now that I got a weight bench for an early Father's Day gift. If you are at all curious then I would say try The Master's Hammer and Chisel for yourself.
Date published: 2017-06-11
Rated 5 out of
Body Beast is the Best program Beach Body has!
Body Beast is Amazing! I believe its the Best program Beach Body has to offer. Not only did i lose weight but I gained muscle mass too. Sagi Kalev is the best. He's so encouraging and knowledgeable about training and food. I wouldn't trust my body to anyone else.
Date published: 2017-04-25
Rated 5 out of
Whipped this 50 yr old girl into GREAT shape!
A few months after turning 50 I was unhappy with the weight I had gained over the years. I had always worked out but found I was being more limited because of it. My best friend recommended this program to me & I got to try one of the workouts with her while visiting. I was hooked! I always loved lifting, but live in a rural area and the closest gym is 40 min away-not happening. Yes you need some equipment-I had a bench and ball, got an inexpensive set of bands online, and invested in a set of select a weight dumbells. If you plan to keep it up they are a good investment as you will progress quickly. While I do have some limitations that doing these 6 days in a row is a bit much for me, I tend to do 3 days then a rest day. I am in the BEST shape of my life, I even have well defined ABS!! WHAT??? Yes I did combine with a weight loss program but together the results are nothing short of astounding. Sagi is a bit weird but I have to admit that even as a female I love feeling strong and his more powerlifting workouts give me that feeling. Don't be afraid of bulking up ladies, weight lifting will give you the most bang for your buck. I am into my 6th week and could not be more pleased.
Date published: 2017-02-10
Rated 5 out of
Really improved my strength
At first I was unsure about Hammer and Chisel. Once I got going I loved it! I love has it has a bunch of different workouts, and I really enjoyed lifting more weights!
I would say the only con for this program is if you don't have a lot of variety of weights and equipment it would be tough to get great results.
If you have lots of equipment, it is really great!
Date published: 2016-12-24
Rated 5 out of
Excellent At Home Workout
I have been reading some of the reviews and I'm disappointed at the rating some have given this program. While yes it is tough do to at home, and yes you need equipment you might not already have, that would be the point of an extreme home-based workout. Beachbody programs are designed so you can do them in the comfort of your own home, and if you're looking for a workout that doesn't require as much equipment there are several other options available. If you dedicate the time to do this program, the results will speak for themselves. What makes this program so great is the wide variety of exercises you get through the 8 weeks. Whereas programs like 21DF and 21DFX each day of the week is the same workout, with this program you'll never get bored and will consistently be challenged. No, it isn't easy some of the workouts are tough but if you read about the program or watch any info-mercial on it you can tell that is the type of program it is. I spent months on 21 DF and 21 DFX and loved both programs, and in ordering Hammer and Chisel I knew what I was getting into. I needed the extra challenge, and honestly loved every sweaty minute. I just finished my first 8 weeks and am down 5.5 inches, and starting another round tomorrow. The program does seem expensive, but if you continue to progress and build to the results you want then it is worth the cost. You'd spend more driving to and from a gym to include membership in the amount of time it would take you to completely get the results you're expecting. It's a great program if you're looking for a challenge, and an even better one to step out of your comfort zone and discover what your body can really do.
Date published: 2016-10-30
Rated 4 out of
Great Weights-Focused Workout
I just finished Hammer & Chisel, and thoroughly enjoyed it! There is a lot of variety on the workouts, so I never got bored. The weights aspect of this program definitely helped tone. I feel stronger and look more defined than 2 months ago!
The only negative... I did not realize all of the workouts would essentially be weights-focused. Thankfully, I had a set of 5 & 10lb Dumbbells, balance ball, resistance bands, stairs, and a chair to use as equipment. I would have preferred knowing the equipment required before buying. Granted, maybe I just missed it in the description.
I would highly recommend for anyone looking to tone! I actually gained 1.5 lbs (in muscle) but lost 5.25" and look & feel so much better!
Date published: 2016-10-06
Rated 2 out of
Exercise routines are not effective
I have used P90x 1-3, Body Beast and Combat , all were effective and will give distinctive results from each other.
I don't think this program knows what it is supposed to do or deliver on. It seems like a bunch of random high rep routines that Tony Horton has done and frankly did better.
Save your money!
Date published: 2016-08-23