B-LINES® Resistance Bands Guidelines
B-LINES® Care and Safety Instructions
B-LINES® Resistance Bands contain natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions.
For your safety, please read before using B-LINES:
The B-LINES Resistance Bands exercises are athletic activities involving pushing, pulling, and sometimes jumping. If you have had physical problems or surgery, particularly of the bones, joints, or muscles (and especially any history of problems with the knees, lower back, or neck), or have been inactive or sedentary for some time, you should consult a physician before starting to use the bands.
Also, because the bands have elastic properties, you should take special precautions to avoid being injured by the bands breaking or snapping back. Inspect the equipment before and after every use for scratches, nicks, cracks, and abrasion spots. Test each band's resistance carefully in each new position and begin all exercises slowly, as directed.
The greatest degree of care has been taken by the manufacturer of the B-LINES Resistance Bands to ensure that they are as safe as possible. It is the responsibility of the user to read and comply with the following safety precautions. Failure to comply may result in the possibility of injury. See your doctor before beginning any exercise program.
- DO Any and all exercises rhythmically. Don't jerk or lunge, but keep your movements smooth.
- DO Always resist the band back to the starting position. By resisting the band back (eccentric contraction) you are achieving a training effect both waysso important in developing and shaping the body.
- DO Avoid excessive heat around the band, sharp objects on the floor, or shoes that are not smooth, and examine before each workout.
- NEVER PLACE HANDLES (STIRRUPS) ON YOUR FEET. Only use your hands; doing otherwise can cause injury.
- DO Increasing the number of repetitions is more beneficial than increasing the resistance. Example: If you can do 10 repetitions easily, increase to 16 or 20 repetitions rather than increasing the resistance.
- DO Always keep a good wide stance or base when doing exercises such as chest flys, standing presses, or sporting simulations. Never lean. Go slowly, especially in the beginning.
- DO When doing repetitions, breathe normally. Don't hold your breath.
- DO For added comfort and improving grip and avoiding any possibility of the band slipping, wear workout gloves, especially when doing presses. Grasping stirrups firmly also helps develop the hands, wrists, and forearms.
- DO Wear exercise shoes only. Never work out barefoot.
- NEVER tie tube in knots as this may cause band to break.
- NEVER store your cables in direct sunlight.
- NEVER stretch the cable more than two and a half times its length.
- This product is not designed or guaranteed for permanent outdoor installation.
- DO Because B-LINES Resistance Bands have elastic properties, you should take special precautions to avoid being injured by the bands breaking or snapping back. Examine each band before and after each workout session. Look for nicks and worn spots on the band. If any defects are discovered upon inspection, return it to Beachbody. If the defect is a factory defect, it will be replaced at no charge. If it developed from misuse by the user, there will be a minimal charge.
- DO Check all sewn components to ensure that there is no loose stitching or unraveling. If any defects are found, do not use the product and return it to Beachbody for replacement.
- DO Clean the bands with soap and water only; never use chemicals of any kind.
- DO Begin slowly; remember that your muscles may not be in shape and that it doesn't take excessive overloading to cause them to respond. In fact, if you dive into an extremely rigorous program, your body will not have enough time to adjust or adapt to the stresses you are imposing upon it, and more harm than good will result. Again, the B-LINES exercises are well adapted to this purpose, and are easily adjustable. As your muscles begin to respond, we encourage you to increase both the number of reps and your speed, rather than increasing the resistance.
- DO Use only as directed.
- DO We strongly suggest and recommend that you replace the B-LINES Resistance Bands unit (cable/stirrups/Door Attachment) at least once a year. If you use the B-LINES Resistance Bands more than three times a week, replacement is recommended every six months. Contact Customer Service at 1-800-565-4807 to order your replacement bands.
- Two people should NEVER use a B-LINES Resistance Band at the same time! Use by two or more persons simultaneously may result in injury.
- Children under the age of 16 should only use the B-LINES Resistance Bands with adult or professional supervision. Supervision should ensure that the child uses the equipment as explained. We question the need and ability of a child under the age of 12 to handle the B-LINES Resistance Bands properly. Exceptions can be made for individuals in that age range who are involved in athletic training, but even then, professional supervision is recommended.
A PARTING THOUGHT
The B-LINES Resistance Band is well-designed and a serious exercise machine. IT IS NOT A PLAYTHING. If treated with care and seriousness and used completely in accordance with the directions, it will give you fine service. Abuse can quickly ruin its usefulness. Beachbody is not responsible for any immediate or consequential damages resulting from any abuse whatsoever or from any failure to follow these directions.