This tasty snack or side dish has flavor and crunch. And, our zucchini fries have only 74 calories per serving!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into ½ x 3-inch sticks
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with spray.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to combine.
- Working with a few pieces at a time, dip zucchini in egg whites and lift out, letting excess drip back into bowl; drop zucchini into bag containing flour mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Place zucchini on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes, or until tender-crisp and golden brown.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 611 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 5 g
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.