This healthy baked cauliflower latke recipe will help you cut back on calories during holiday festivities.
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (1½ lb.) medium cauliflower, cut into florets, hard stem discarded
- 2 large eggs
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; brush foil with 1 Tbsp. oil. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket in saucepan; steam for 4 to 7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Drain well. Dry with a paper towel.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl; mash with a fork.
- Add eggs, onion, flour, salt, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Using ¼-cup measuring cup, scoop mixture into patties and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops evenly with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; bake for 10 minutes. Flip latkes and bake an additional 10 minutes or until crisp.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 23 mg
Sodium: 94 mg
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 2 g
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.