This savory apple crisp dessert features the rich flavor of baked apples, walnuts, oats, and a touch of maple syrup.
- 4 cups peeled, sliced apples
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, divided use
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (use gluten-free oats if desired)
- ¼ cup finely chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine apples, 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, and ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium baking dish; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine oats, walnuts, remaining 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Top apple mixture with oat mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until apples are soft.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 2 mg
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 3 g
1 Double Snack
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.